Tag Archives for " organic "
Why guilt free? Well, THERE’S NO SUGAR here!
Rest assured though that these truffles have plenty of good stuff in them.. and actually every ingredient is considered a super food. Briefly, raw chocolate is rich in antioxidants, iron, calcium, and exceptionally high in magnesium. Raw cacao has the highest source of magnesium of any other food (this is probably why most of us crave it, especially women on their moon). Dark chocolate stimulates endorphin release resulting in an anti-depressant effect too. Coconut is also a superfood and is now being studied in the prevention and treatment of mental diseases such as dementia and alzheimer’s. Coconut is also full of Medium Chain Fatty Acids and enhance fat burning, while providing energy. It also has great antimicrobial activity and helps repair the gut and immune system… I could go on but I’ll leave it at that for now.
Yield: 16 servings (mini cups)
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Preferences: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo
• 6 Tbsp. unsweetened organic cocoa powder
• 3 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil
• 3 Tbsp. Creamy Organic Peanut Butter (or your nut butter of choice)
• 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
• 4 tsp. coconut sugar (or organic maple syrup)
• 1 pinch finely ground Celtic Sea Salt
• 8-10 drops NuNaturals Stevia (to taste)
• Heavy-bottom saucepan
• Candy molds or silicone muffins cups or paper mini muffin liners in a mini muffin pan
1. In a medium saucepan, combine cocoa powder, coconut oil, and nut butter over very low heat. Stir occasionally until mixture is completely liquefied.
2. Remove from heat and stir in salt, vanilla (if using) and coconut sugar. Add stevia to taste.
3. Pour mixture into silicone candy molds, silicone muffins cups, or paper mini muffin liners in a mini muffin pan.
4. Transfer to freezer to set (about 15 minutes).
5. Pop the peanut butter cups out of silicone molds
6. Store them in airtight container in freezer or refrigerator.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
47 calories, 4.4 g total fat, 2.6 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0.24 g monounsaturated fats, 0.06 g polyunsaturated fats, 0 mg cholesterol, 8.7 mg sodium, 2.1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0.56 g sugars, 1.1 g protein
And for more than 50 additional makeovers of your favorite treats… plus valuable education on how to live a low-glycemic lifestyle, without giving up your favorite sweets, try out Carefree Candies – Your Guide to Healthy Homemade Indulgences.